Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday 18 February 2012

Karine's Breakfast

Karine's serves all day breakfast at affordable prices and is located in Village by the Grange, aka OCAD's cafeteria or the grange. I've known about this place for more than half a year but I just never dared to try it because of how... different it is. Every so often when I eat at the grange with my friends, I'd see them with a platter from the Karine's (or the breakfast place as we'd like to call it).



How is it different? Allow me to explain what a typical visit at the breakfast place is like:

Normally, one of the older female staff, named Maggie, takes your order and she makes the place. Unfortunately, she wasn't there at the time when I took these photos but what she does when you order is call you baby, darling, sweetie, honey, etc. So every time I go there, I'm always wondering to myself what she's gonna call me that day. And she'd ask you for your name to go along with the order so they can call you by your name when your order is ready. Quite personal really. That was one of the reasons why I didn't want to try it before but it's starting to grow on me.



They have many different kinds and combinations of breakfast but the one I usually get is the $5 one, where you get to choose how you like your egg (over easy, sunny side up, scrambled, etc.), toast or plain bread (there's vegan bread too for an extra $1.50), regular or garlic fries, choice of sausage or bacon or salad, fresh fruits, and unlimited beverage (coffee, tea, fruit water).

Look at this goodness!


My favorite combo is over easy, sausage, garlic fries, toast and half coffee half tea. Yum!



I like their mugs.

This is definitely my new to-go place for a cheap and somewhat healthy meal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment