Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday 23 February 2012

Big Sushi

As part of its name entails, Big Sushi is a restaurant that serves sushi and some other Japanese dishes. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but it's actually quite spacious inside and can seat more people in the "back area." There is possibly room to seat 60 people (of course I am guesstimating). Maybe that's why it's "Big"?

Its carrying capacity is good for big groups, such as my fellowship on Friday nights since we like to dine out together and can be a group as big as 20 people.


The restaurant is located in the Annex, at 388 Bloor St. W.


This is the back area of the restaurant.


Ann and I found it strangely funny how their menu doesn't have a cover page. We kept trying to look for one through several menus and they all start with the beverage page. It gets straight to the point.


I made a paper ninja star/shuriken when I was waiting for my food to come.
Origami: something to do while waiting for food aside from conversing or taking pictures of things.


Some of the dishes come with complimentary salad and miso soup. Pretty standard stuff for a Japanese restaurant. This salad tastes a bit better than it looks.


I ordered the Spicy Salmon/Tuna (crispy) roll. It has a bit of a kick to it as the name suggests, but if you can get pass that.. the taste is simply amazing. Maybe best spicy salmon crisp roll yet? (comment if you think otherwise). I tried my friend's the previous time we dined here and had craved it ever since. This shall be my "pork bone soup" for Japanese restaurants from here on. That or... chicken/beef bentos.


This is what Ann ordered: Vegetarian Udon. I didn't try it but I think it needs some meat or some sort of protein.

I really like Big Sushi, however, I should caution readers that their tempuras can be really greasy/oily. At least that's what I found for the tempuras in their bentos, it was enough to give everyone indigestion afterwards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment